For all the brain things in my head.
- 2d game art: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ChrisHildenbrand/20111019/8692/2D_Game_Art_For_Programmers__Part_2.php
- HN, on procrastination: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3335214
- how to make angry birdshttp://www.wildbunny.co.uk/blog/2011/05/12/how-to-make-angry-birds-part-1/
- Remember Calendar dates as multiples of 7.
- Decision fatigue?
- What is Computer Science?
- Minuet. Richard Parker.
- Technical papers every programmer should read at least twice. HN
- Beautiful Soup.
- Scala for the impatient
- Nanopass framework for compiler education
- Towers of Hanoi interactive Java. Also a DHTML version of the game. Iterative Solution to Towers of Hanoi.
- OR/MS = Operational Research / Management Sciences
- Perils languages.
- PHP running under FastCGI (?) on CentOS.
- DocuWiki vs. MediaWiki
- Code Academy
- 11-12 handbook, mempad
- Generals Problem: Replace AI with Person who executes AI? Cheating?
- Great Clips
- I have a Linksys WMP54G that I want to run on Windows 7. Is it a V1.0 card (as it has no version number listed next to the model number). The Windows XP driver causes the system to lock during boot. Instead, try installing Broadcom (Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC54G V3).
- Cheating more when the spoils are split.
- SDL. How?
- Why do players quit playing?
- NetHack and Angband. Useful because these are text-based, so they may be easier to interface with and modify.
- How do I do DLL injection?
- A Mathematician's Lament by Paul Lockhart.
- Proactive enhancement, retroactive interference.
StarCraft Replay Editing
- StarCraft replay files? How can I edit them?
- Can BWChart do it? Can something else?
- Media Equation p. 150. "While consumers may be able to understand that the cable company merely owns wires that connect houses to a central switch, they might question the quality of service when they use a cable box to make a phone call. Television sets are not specialized to make phone calls, regardless of the technical possibilities."
- "A Russian soldier and an American soldier were standing in the middle of Berlin after the surrender of Germany. They struck up a conversation. The American says to the Russian, "In America, we have freedom of speech. I can call President Truman a bastard and nobody will arrest me". The Russian smiles and says, "In the Soviet Union we have freedom of speech too. I can also call President Truman a bastard and nobody will arrest me either".
- There is a saying I once heard: When you earn a Bachelor of Science you think you know everything. When you earn a Master of Science you realize you don't know anything. And when you earn a Ph.D. you realize that nobody else knows anything either.
- I think most people would be surprised to learn how much there is to understand about nature and how little we actually know.