- Write down CrashPlan date, for future recovery purposes.
- Make sure everything, and I mean everything, is backup up through CrashPlan. Carefully read the instructions on adopting another computer.
- Use O&O DiskImage to clone the entire drive (on a side note, this software is fantastic and inexpensive).
- CrashPlan is supported in Desktop mode.
- Java FAQ for Windows 8
- Can I use my ESET product with Microsoft Windows 8? There are still quite a few issues if trying to use NOD32.
- XYPlorer supports Windows 8.
Upgrade Product Key on a Clean Install
- Unfortunately, Windows 8 requires that you have an operating system installed before it will accept an upgrade product key: Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Product Key Can't Be Used
- Run the registry editor (regedit)
- Find the following key:
- Change the value for 'MediaBootInstall' from 1 to 0
- Open an elevated command prompt (run as admin)
- Run the following command: