Approved, Take the Exam!
Where is the exam?
Ste A, 200 Coliseum Drive Macon, GA 31217-8098 (478) 743-9713
2720 RIVERSIDE DRIVE MACON, GA 31204 UNITED STATES Tel: 478-743 1482
Driving distance: 7 hours 9 minutes / 438.49 miles
Don't bring too many references, but memorize the sections for the ones that you do bring.
- ModelSim-Altera and Altera Quartus II Web Edition. Has annoying download manager, but can be bypassed. Study this along with ECE 520 Digital ASIC Design.
- SPIM MIPS Simulator. There is also emu8086 for x86 architectures.
- Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- Digital Design by John F. Wakerly ($128)
- Object-Oriented and Classical Software Engineering by Stephen Schach ($142)
- Computer Organization and Design by David A. Patterson ($65)
- Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles by William Stallings ($110)
- Upgrading and Repairing PCs by Scott Mueller ($35)
- Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms by Douglas Downing ($10)
- NCEES PE Electrical and Computer: Computer ($50)
- Schaum's Outline of Computer Architecture ($15)
- Schaum's Outline of Software Engineering ($15)
- Schaum's Outline of Operating Systems ($15)
- Schaum's Outline of Fundamentals of Relational Databases ($15)
- Schaum's Outline of Digital Principles ($15)
I am working towards my Professional Engineering license for the state of Georgia. This license is administered by the Georgia Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
Dump of the application status from the web site:
|Official College Transcripts||Completed||5/18/2010|
|Exam Scores Received from Test Administrator||Pending|
|Approval/Denial Letter Sent||Completed||5/18/2010|
|Reapply - Addt'l 12 Semester Hrs||Not Applicable||5/7/2010|
|EIT Waiver Fee||Not Applicable||5/7/2010|
|Verif of EIT Exam/Certification||Completed||5/18/2010|
|Application Signed and Notarized||Completed||5/18/2010|
|App - All Questions Answered||Completed||5/18/2010|
|Application Specialist Review||Completed||5/18/2010|
- Calculator policy. The best calculator is the Casio FX-115 ES. Don't bother with TI, and don't bother with HP unless you are already an expert on RPN. The time saving gained by using RPN is negligible anyway.
- PE Exam Specifications.
- Top Ten Reasons to Become a Professional Engineer