This section contains game specific notes for deploying and running under Windows. Older games have the most trouble, and require some black magic before getting them to work. It's also unfortunate that most of these resources get up posted to obscure forums with horrible layouts.
- Adventure Games, which deserves it own genre.
Steams applications are located under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\
This section refers to the Civilization II Multiplayer Gold Edition. Getting this to work under Windows 7 is going to be incredibly tricky.
- Civilization II Game manual in PDF.
- Pirate Bay link to Civilization II Multiplayer Gold Edition download.
- Official patch to update game to 1.3 (
civiimge_uccupdate3.exe). Mercator also has official updates..
- A Civ 2 Windows x64 patch by MasterMindX. Direct download.
- The CD-ROM image is still required, and the No-CD patch doesn't work in x64. Also, the URL indicated in the post is broken anyway, you'll want to use this instead. For the foreseeable future, you'll simply have to mount the disk image in DAEMON Tools before playing the game.
I've been told to skip Civilization III entirely.
- To adjust the fonts, you can edit the file
Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm. Around Line 371 is where the changes need to be made.
- You can also use the Blue Marble Design.
- The Civilization IV manual is available on Steam, though a login may be required.
- The GOG version works pretty well, but you need sfall to make it work correctly on modern operating systems. You may also want to look at the DirectInput Keyboard Scan Codes.
- You can move the window around by setting the
- There's a Fallout 2 High Resolution Patch at No Mutants Allowed. On modern machines, this lets you see way too much of the map at once though!
Here's what needs to be done if you patch Fallout 3, Game of the Year Edition:
- Games for Windows LIVE Disabler. Copy these files to your Fallout 3 folder and run it from there.
- This doesn't work, and it will still crash. But in doing so, it confirms that the game will at least detect my video card and run in medium quality mode.
- This game freezes in Windows 7 64-bit. Supposedly there's a patch, will probably revisit this game again later.