- 11/20/2011. Command Line Fu, with useful command-line items that everyone should know.
- 10/13/2011. Prepared C3 Linearization examples for lecture.
- 10/08/2011. Reading patch files (
- 10/03/2011. Account on
ciigarhas been created.
- 09/27/2011. Academic Committee Meeting at Wayne Community College. Discussion with Steve Reid of Redstorm on Artificial Intelligence courses at the community college level to at least provide exposure to lower-level game design concepts.
- 09/22/2011. CoAT/FIT workshop on Learning Styles, 1:00 PM. Learning Styles and Strategies.
- 09/14/2011. American Jobs Act speech by President Obama at Reynolds Coliseum.
- 09/07/2011. Lecture on unit testing in Ruby for CSC 517.
- 08/17/2011. First Day of Class, Fall 2011.
- 08/07/2011. Beginning Game Development with Python and PyGame, Chapter 3. Discovered sprite editing and sprite resources for 2D games.
- 08/04/2011. Survey for IRB submitted on git. Finished Chapter 4 on Google SketchUp. Stacie came to visit.
- 08/03/2011. Teach Yourself Google SketchUp in 8 to 10 Minutes has a typo on p. 68. It should say "3s" instead of "s3". The screen shot is correct, however. Finished Chapter 3 of Teach Yourself Google SketchUp in 8 to 10 Minutes. Use right-hand rule with thumb = x, index = y, middle = z. Direction in which fingers point is positive.
- 08/02/2011. Meeting with Dr. Roberts. Finalize hypotheses for study. Generals game. Tragedy of the commons. Plain text. Authority. Non-authority (transmission). IRB form. Discussion with Brent on commercial games in research.
- 08/01/2011. ORIGAMI, and the art of Cloud-Scale Image Analytics by Vas Bala of IBM T.J. Watson Research Center. Colloquia.
- 07/31/2011. Hairspray, at the North Carolina Theatre.
- 07/30/2011. Dr. Robert's belated birthday and house warming party.
- 07/29/2011. Happy anniversary!
- 07/28/2011. New Linode instance created,
tango. Fixed reverse DNS. Upgrade went smoothly, except that host name must be set with Postfix using
- 07/28/2011. Turned in Tuition Reclassification Application for Fall 2011. Turned in key access form for EB II 2246, Digital Games Research Lab.
- 07/20/2011. Installed git.
- 07/12/2011. Change Welcome Screen DPI with
LogPixelsfrom 0x78 to 0x60.
- 07/06/2011. Laurel's surgery.
- 07/01/2011. Purchased Braid on Steam. You can change the resolution. This needs to be a blog entry.
- 06/28/2011. Purchased ST9750420AS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s ($90).
- 06/26/2011. Tia's wedding, and return to NC.
- 06/25/2011. Drove to Columbus, OH to attend Tia's rehearsal dinner.
- 06/20/2011. Happy Birthday, Tiasha!
- 06/02/2011. Mozy has been cancelled. Upgraded MediaWiki to 1.16.5.
- 06/01/2011. Brewster has passed puppy kindergarten!
- 05/25/2011. Alabama Tax Return refund was approved. The status can be checked here.
- 05/15/2011. UltraEdit haskell.uew file has a bug which incorrectly causes identifiers to be treated as characters.. Haskell identifiers can contain single quotes.
- 05/13/2011. Java Generics Adoption: How New Features are Introduced, Championed, or Ignored. Chris Parnin. Colloquia.
- 05/13/2011. Opened a CrashPlan account. Goodbye Mozy!
- 05/12/2011. CSC Games Party.
- 05/11/2011. Final exam for Compilers (CSC 512).
- 05/03/2011. CSC Year-end Awards Reception. Phi Kappa Phi.
- 04/29/2011. Graded Program 2 for CSC 506.
- 04/27/2011. Last day of classes for the Spring 2011 semester. RA funding for 30 hours in the summer.
- 04/21/2011. Welcoming Brewster to the family. An excellent Beagle.
- 04/19/2011. E-mailed bug report to JLanguageTool, but it looks like no one actually reads those.
- 04/13/2011. Goodbye Copper.
- 04/08/2011. Submitted reflection on Teaching in a Community College setting for CoAT. Meeting with Dr. Murphy-Hill on markers and annotations in Eclipse. Released final project for DBA 110.
- 04/06/2011. Compilers second exam.
- 03/31/2011. Meeting with Dr. El-Nasr. Simon Fraser University. Developing methods for evaluating games. Games and Education. Interactive drama and representation. Believable characters.
- 03/28/2011. Attack Trends 2011 seminar by Gary McGraw from Cigital. Colloquia.
- 03/20/2011. Compiler can handle recursive procedures by using callee-saves register convention.
- 03/17/2011. Mainly just caught up on CSC 506 lectures. Signed up for Fall 2011 classes.
- 03/16/2011. Presented lecture in CSC 791 on Substantiating Programmer Variability, using techniques from course delivery reversal and active learning.
- 03/15/2011. Met with Dr. Roberts concerning potential funding for summer semester.
- 03/07/2011. Spring Break doesn't seem to be much of a break. Finished reading Predictably Irrational.
- 03/04/2011. Happy Birthday!
- 02/28/2011. Metric Geometry In Shape and Data Analysis by Facundo Mémoli. Colloquia.
- 02/23/2011. Finally investigated the Libraries feature in Windows 7. Limits of Communication by Alexander Sherstov. Colloquia.
- 02/21/2011. Analyzing Large-Scale Object-Oriented Software to Find, Remove, and Prevent Runtime Bloat by Guoqing (Harry) Xu. Colloquia.
- 02/18/2011. Met with Dr. Gehringer and have started grading CSC506 exam.
- 02/01/2011. NC State department does not appear to have a copy of the book Fundamentals of Parallel Computer Architecture by Yan Solihin.
- 01/28/2011. Current Issues in Teaching: Moral Development and The Shadow Scholar. There is a similar CoAT workshop in the afternoon which I was unable to attend. See all FIT workshops.
- 01/27/2011. ESET NOD32 anti-virus account failed mysteriously; the account indicated that it had expired on 10/05/2010, even though the actual expiration date is 0/05/2011. Support re-issued a new account, but explanation on the root cause. The DSL ibiblio mirror appears to have disappeared.
- 01/25/2011. Starcraft installation with ChaosLauncher for windowed mode. Related to Games Research. Need to do BWAPI.
- 01/23/2011. Reloaded Wiki DB from backup. Used Linode restore feature. Worked well!
- 01/22/2011. Faculty Careers seminar.
- 12/10/2010. Learning Statistical Models for Natural Language Tutorial Dialogue Systems by Kristy Boyer. Colloquia.
- 10/18/2010. Assuring Data Trustworthiness - Concepts and Research Challenges. Elisa Bertino. Colloquia.
- 10/15/2010. Collaborative Provenance for Workflow-Driven Science and Engineering by Ilkay Altintas. Colloquia.